I would argue… very in depth. It’s important that your reader gets a good feel for how this race lives a daily life… and what kind of things they do, say or believe that makes up their whole world.
Here are some resources to help you out with that:
- Quick World Building Tips
- Naming Places and Things
- Questioning Your Story
- The Senses and World Building
- Creating/Drawing Maps Links Masterpost
- Fantasy Writing Guide
- Name Generators
- Prompts & Pointers: World Building
- An Aside on World Building (Worksheet)
- 30 Days of Introducing a Speculative Fiction Element
- Race Building Guide & Resources
- Tips for Making a New Fantasy Species
- Creating a Fantasy Race
- How to Create Fantasy Races or Species (Part 1, Part 2)
- Creating a Culture
Obligatory Cultural Appropriation Warning
- Creating a Fictional Calendar
- World Building Basics: Technology!
- Fantasy Weapons
- Creating a Religion
I think this should at least be a good start… best of luck…!